6 May 2014

Han with Friend

It's dangerous to go "solo", take a wookiee with you!

"Han with Friend" is my seventh t-shirt design and my tribute to May the 4th (Be with You), the unofficial Star Wars "holiday". I had a lot of fun working on it and I'm quite happy with the final look.

"Han with Friend" is currently available on my TeePublic, RedBubble, Design by Humans and NeatoShop portfolios.



Previously, it went on sale on Qwertee and OtherTees for a limited time.

Han with Friend on Qwertee

During its voting phase on Qwertee it received 1751 votes. Initially submitted on Sports Grey, it underwent a vote on Facebook to decide the final tee color. Charcoal turned out as the most popular choice. Finally, it was printed on May 29th 2014.


The possible choices during the voting phase on facebook

Original Sports Grey submission

On OtherTees it went on sale on June 10 2014 for 48 hours only.

Han with Friend on OtherTees

This was actually the first time I've drawn 100% digitally a design, thanks to my new Wacom tablet, and it was fun to experiment with this kind of technique. First I drew the sketch, then I re-drew in vectors every line, experimenting with stroke size and shape. When the drawing was complete I played around with colors and halftoned the hair/fur shades and red cheeks. The finishing touches were the shadows and the white outline.

First rough sketch

As usual, you can download freely the wallpaper at this address. Don't hesitate to ask if you need a particular resolution.