20 May 2014

My Neighbor Jabba

Jabba just wants to be cuddled!

"My Neighbor Jabba" is a mashup between Star Wars and My Neighbor Totoro. Here we have a cute little baby Leia rubbing Jabba's nose, just like Mei did to Totoro when they first met.

My Neighbor Jabba is up for voting on Qwertee. If you like it, please vote and share it!

My Neighbor Jabba on Qwertee

Or, if you can't wait wearing this tee (which is good of course), you can buy it right now at TeePublic on a slighty darker green, at RedBubble on the color of your choice or at NeatoShop.

My Neighbor Jabba on TeePublic


This is my eighth t-shirt design and the second one that I drew with my new Wacom tablet. Since I had a lot of fun drawing and designing Han with Friend, I decided to give another shot at the funny/cute Star Wars theme. This time though I didn't use Photoshop at all and worked 100% in Illustrator.

It took me roughly two weeks of work to come up with the final look of this design (not full-time of course, I'm doing this in my free time). While Jabba's face was ready within five minutes, it took me a lot of trial-and-error to design the logo and to balance everything "correctly".

As always, you can download freely the wallpaper at this address.